Yeh I know what you meen LOL. It just seems skany or something for some reason and hell I smoke. But what are they to do I guess.
Reading the thread about the friendly businesses got me thinking about one of my biggest pet peeves, and it seems to happening at a higher rate of late.
I can't stand going to a fast food restaurant (or any business for that matter) and upon arriving, seeing about 3 or 4 employees smoking. Usually, these employees are sitting on the curb in front of the main entrance or gathered around the drive thru menu.
While I have nothing against people who smoke, I would like to think that if I were managing or running one of these businesses, I would make my employees smoke somewhere out of sight from the customers.
I just can't stand seeing this and it seems to happen nearly everywhere I go anymore.
Yeh I know what you meen LOL. It just seems skany or something for some reason and hell I smoke. But what are they to do I guess.
GO VOLS
The employees at BSG Booger King are really bad for that.
i just wonder if they wash their hands afterward and before handling your food.
As a restaurant manager, I have to totally agree with you guys on this. The anti smoking laws have forced restaurants to send their employees outside to do this and it drives me crazy. The problem is you can give them a designated place, but you still have to constantly police them because they are too lazy to go to the back of the building where they are supposed to be. They have no perception as to how this makes the establishment look and your post just confirms that image.
Everytime i go to the BSG McDonalds it happens and it happened at the Wise Hardees this weekend. There were 3 ladies just smoking it up right in front of the door as you exit the drive thru window. Nothing says Welcome and Enjoy your food like 3 women smoking while in their Hardees uniform.
Again, I'm not complaining about smokers. Just do it somewhere out of site! I think the No Smoking law in TN restaurants is stupid, but that's another topic/thread...
every time i give my pet peeve i get blasted but here goes. Cell Phone people. trying to check out in a store and people talking on their phone's, trying to talk to the cashier and so on.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Huddle House in Wise.
Huddle House has a designated smoking area. It's not smoke-free. So why the heck do the employees still smoke up the bathroom? Grates on me to no end.
They lose customers that way....
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Yeah, there is nothing worse than walking into a restroom and it smelling like smokie peeeee!!!!
The drive-thru workers at BSG McDonalds do come off as lazy. "Hi can I take your order?" I'm not one of those always complaining customers but at least sound a little more professional at the drive through. It just sounds a bit lazy.
I usually try to stay away from BSG Burger King.
While some businesses' service could improve, some customers could improve. Before my work study position at Berea became TA, it was at the cafe on campus. I came across some of the biggest jerks on the face of the planet. After we closed one night, we had one student who got ****ed and became very unruly and public safety ended up getting involved. Some people were treehuggers and couldn't even throw their papers and cups in the trash. If you wanna keep the Earth clean, then learn to also clean up after yourselves. Some of the customers used the cell phone while ordering a sub or some huge order. There should be something blocking cell phone signals in line at the register. Also, it drives me nuts when people don't look at the menu and ask "what do ya serve? How much is this?"
Bookmarks